Spanje: Congrespresentatie IEMFA. Artikel in voorbereidende fase.
vrijdag, 01 juni 2012 - Categorie: Berichten Internationaal
Op 31 mei 2012 ontving Stopumts de onderstaande informatie:
This is the IEMFA EMF presentation held on the Madrid congress ''Risks for Public Health & the Environment''
The two-perspective risk assessment system in Europe - World health change possibly linked to electromagnetic fields
Main context of the conference was that current methods and institutions for assessing environmental-health risks are not able to cope with complexities and uncertainties. Also scientific concepts and paradigms are requested that are independent from the interests and influence of the promoters of technologies. In line, it is recommended not to restrict risk assessment to closed networks of narrow elites, but to open up assessment and management of risks to wider groups of stakeholders. Also a plead is made to bring together the different types of knowledge existing in different networks.
The Goals of the Conference were as follows:
1) Increase public and political awareness of social, economic and environmental risks of current and new technologies and discuss effective means for e.g. technology and risk assessments, product approvals, and liability schemes.
2) Provide a forum for open public debate where experts from different fields can address the following questions and issues:
- What are the public health and environment risks of technologies such as modern biotechnology, nanotechnology, electromagnetic fields, and novel chemicals?
- What are the private and societal needs that are addressed by these technologies?
- Which are the current policies and procedures for shaping and assessing these technologies?
- Which are the main barriers to avoiding or minimizing risks and how can they be overcome?
- How can the precautionary principle be best applied?
- Why is there a lack of comprehensive and strong policies and institutions that could better support public interests?
- How can the marginalization of independent research, neglect of its results, and the undue influence of vested interests that inhibit change for the public good be overcome?
3) Create an Action Plan with concrete and realistic activities to support the changes needed, including changes in scientific paradigms and practices.and in the control of technological choices.
Organised by: The European Network of Scientists for Social and Environmental Responsibility (ENSSER), The European Environment Agency (EEA), The Health Defense Organisation (HDO), The Cátedra-Universidad-Empresa-Sindicato.
More information about the congress
American Academy of Environmental Medicine
Calls for Immediate Caution regarding Smart Meter Installation...Cites Human Health Impacts of Chronic Exposure to Radiofrequency (RF)
The American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM) has released its latest position paper on electromagnetic field (EMF) and radiofrequency (RF) health effects calling for immediate caution regarding smart meter installations. Citing several peer-reviewed scientific studies, the AAEM concludes that ''significant harmful biological effects occur from non-thermal RF exposure'' showing causality. ''A more thorough review of technological options to achieve society's worthwhile communications and business objectives must be conducted to protect human health and wellbeing,'' stated Dr. William J. Rea, a member of the AAEM and former thoracic surgeon. ''By continuing to layer more and more wireless communication within our communities, we are setting the stage for widespread disease.''
The AAEM also expresses concern regarding significant, but poorly understood quantum field health effects of EMF and RF. ''More independent research is needed to assess the safety of 'Smart Meter' technology,'' said Dr. Amy Dean, board certified internist and President-Elect of the AAEM. ''Patients are reporting to physicians the development of symptoms and adverse health effects after smart meters are installed on their homes. Immediate action is necessary to protect the public's health. Our research shows that chronic RF and EMF exposure can be very harmful.''
Dr. William J. Rea, past president of AAEM, and a long time researcher on the effects of EMFs on the human body, says, ''Technological advances must be assessed for harmful effects in order to protect society from the ravages of end-stage disease like cancer, heart disease, brain dysfunction, respiratory distress, and fibromyalgia. EMF and wireless technology are the latest innovations to challenge the physician whose goal is to help patients and prevent disease.''
The AAEM calls for:
==> Immediate caution regarding ''Smart Meter'' installation due to potentially harmful RF exposure
==> Accommodation for health considerations regarding EMF and RF exposure, including exposure to wireless ''Smart Meter'' technology
==> Independent studies to further understand health effects from EMF and RF exposure
==> Use of safer technology, including for ''Smart Meters,'' such as hard-wiring, fiber optics or other non-harmful methods of data transmission
==> Independent studies to further understand the health effects from EMF and RF exposures
==> Recognition that electromagnetic hypersensitivity is a growing problem worldwide
==> Consideration and independent research regarding the quantum effects of EMF and RF on human health
==> Understanding and control of this electrical environmental bombardment for the protection of society
The AAEM's position paper on electromagnetic and radiofrequency fields can be found at: aaemonline.org/emf_rf_position.html.
AAEM is an international association of physicians and other professionals dedicated to addressing the clinical aspects of environmental health.
More information is available at www.aaemonline.org.
SOURCE: American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM)
International EMF Alliance
Alex Swinkels, Netherlands
Web: www.iemfa.org .
Lees verder in de categorie Berichten Internationaal | Terug naar homepage | Lees de introductie