Australi: Liegende provider afgestraft door nationaal volksoproer. ''Bescherm de Kinderen''!

donderdag, 11 februari 2010 - Categorie: Berichten Internationaal

Op een voorlichtingsbijeenkomst verzekerde Big Telecom bij monde van provider Telstra verontruste ouders dat een nieuwe zendmast het stralingsniveau op Rainworth State School in Bardon met de helft zou reduceren. Was het antennebureau soms ook aanwezig?
In werkelijkheid zal het stralingsniveau 60x hoger worden, aldus een onafhankelijk door de stad Brisbane ingehuurd expertisebureau.
In reactie zijn de verontwaardigde ouders de straat opgegaan, zelfs ouderen demonstreren tegen Telstra en er is een juridisch fonds in het leven geroepen om een nationale campagne van ''Geen masten bij Scholen'' te steunen. Het vertrouwen in Telstra is volkomen verdwenen en de actie breidt zich als een olievlek uit over het land:


Bron: Daily Mail 9 febr 2010 via EMFacts

Suburb in uproar over Telstra tower claims

Trent Dalton

BARDON residents fighting a planned Telstra mobile phone base station 170m from Rainworth State School say they have been fed lies and misinformation by Telstra.

In a November 2 letter, the telco assured residents that, based on an electromagnetic radiation report commissioned by Telstra, the proposed tower would reduce existing EMR levels at the school by 50 per cent.

But a new independent National Association of Testing Authorities EMR report, which was commissioned by Brisbane City Council, reveals that if the proposed Telstra installation went ahead radiation levels at the school would be at least 60 times higher than the current levels.

The fight against the tower has swept up ordinary mums and dads across Brisbanes west. Residents up to 80 years old are walking the streets handing out information leaflets.

Through regular meetings and sausage sizzles, a $15,000 legal fighting fund has been raised to help push for a national no towers near schools policy.

Last week the battle was raised on Channel 7s Sunrise program, prompting more than 6000 hits to the No Towers Near Schools website. This latest development is so incredibly insulting, says Sandra Boland, Rainworth State School P&C president and mother of four.

Its been subterfuge right from the word go. The whole community has totally lost faith in Telstra. The only statement they have made to us that we actually do believe is that they cant guarantee the safety of our children.

Telstra maintains there is no conclusive scientific evidence that 3G and 4G technology towers pose health risks.

But the Leukaemia Foundation and neurosurgeon Dr Charlie Teo have urged prudent avoidance of EMR exposure. Bardon residents are now taking the fight to Federal Parliament, rallying communities across Australia to enforce responsible location of mobile phone towers.

Allan Asher, chief executive of the Australian Communications Consumer Action Network, predicts a forest of similar towers across Australia.

Despite requests from Brisbane City Council and the State Government to find an alternative location for the Bardon installation, Telstra is proceeding with its Gerler St plans.

Telstra has told The Courier-Mail: This decision was not made lightly, and follows consideration of community feedback and the availability of alternative locations.

A Telstra spokesman said the company had not received a copy of the independent report and looks forward to being able to review it with Brisbane City Council and the Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency when it receives a copy. An open review is important to ensure the assessment is conducted in accordance with the ARPANSA methodology.

Voor het originele bericht met interessant ingezonden commentaar uit Canada zie:
www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,,26700180-3102,00.html .



Lees verder in de categorie Berichten Internationaal | Terug naar homepage | Lees de introductie